International train tickets to/from Poland
Poland is well-connected by rail with its neighbours to the west, south, and east. It is possible to travel by train across borders and throughout Central Europe. Direct trains from Poland to neighbouring countries can be purchased in our Quick Booking system.
West (Germany and beyond)
Through cooperation with DB, the German railway company, it is possible to travel by train between Poland and Germany.
The fast Warszawa/Gdynia-Berlin-Express services link the capital cities of the two countries, also serving Poznań, Gdańsk and Gdynia, along with other cities along the way. Several trains daily travel the route, offering air-conditioned comfort, fully-reserved seating, and onboard meal service. In Berlin, you can connect to/from the extensive DB network for travel throughout Germany and beyond. In Poznan and Warsaw you can connect to Polish Rail services allowing you to reach most any point in Poland.
The deluxe Transeuropean Express connects Warsaw and Poznań directly with Paris and Moscow, and the Swift Berlin and Moscow, on select days of the week.
From Berlin there are also regular regional train services to the Polish city of Szczecin, a convenient station to connect to other points in the northwest part of Poland.
From Wrocław you can travel by direct train services to Dresden daily, and to Berlin on certain days each week.
From Krakow, Katowice and Wroclaw, DB's IC Bus offers a direct connection to Berlin. You can travel onward to most cities in Germany via connecting trains, usually on the same ticket, providing extra savings.
South (Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary)
For travel to countries located south of Poland, PKP InterCity operates a network of international services connecting the Polish cities of Warsaw, Krakow, Katowice, Gdańsk and Gdynia to the major international destinations of Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest, as well as points in-between. Day and night services are available on selected routes. The international gateway cities also offer opportunities to connect onward to other points in Europe:
- From Budapest, you can continue your travel to other points in Hungary, Romania (Brasov, Bucharest), Serbia (Belgrade), Croatia (Zagreb, Split), and Slovenia (Ljubljana).
- From Vienna, onward connections are available to points in Austria and Switzerland, Munich, and Italy (Venice, Rome).
- From Bratislava, there are frequent and convenient connections to all points in Slovakia (Zilina, Kosice, Banska Bystrica).
- From Prague, you can connect onward to points in southern Germany (Nuremberg, Munich).
East (Ukraine, Belarus, Russia and Lithuania)
Travel by rail to points east is one of the best ways to reach these regions.
- To Ukraine, there are two overnight services every day, from Warsaw to Kiev, and from Gdynia/Gdańsk/Warsaw/Wroclaw/Katowice/Krakow to Lviv (with onward connections to Kiev available). These trains are equipped exclusively with sleeping cars, so you can get a good night's sleep. Additionally, two day trains connect the Polish border city of Przemysl with Lviv and Kiev; you can easily connect to these trains from Warsaw, Krakow and Wroclaw.
- If you need to reach points in Belarus (Brest, Minsk, Grodno) or Russia (Moscow), several services are available from Warsaw. The night train Polonez passes through Brest and Minsk on its way to Moscow 3 days a week. There is also a daily train, Hancza, linking Krakow-Warsaw-Grodno. On certain days these trains are supplemented by the Berlin-Moscow Swift and deluxe Transeuropean Express, operating on the Paris-Moscow route. From Moscow we can ticket you onward to almost all points in Russia, including St. Petersburg.
- To Lithuania, there is a weekend train service from Bialystok to Kaunas, with the possibility to connect onward to Vilnius.
How to book tickets
- For direct trains from Poland to international cities, you can book your tickets directly in our Quick Booking system.
- For travel to points beyond the gateway international cities, request a Custom Price Quote, and we'll work on an itinerary and pricing for you.