Train travel in the USA - USA Rail Pass
The pass is available in 3 versions:
- 8 segments in a 15 day period
- 12 segments in a 30 day period
- 18 segments in a 45 day period
All versions are available year-round, without seasonal variations.
What do I need to know?
- The USA Rail Pass must be used within 180 days from the moment of purchase
- The passholder must carry identification (such as a passport)
- The pass is valid in all Amtrak trains with the exception of Acela Express® and Auto Train®
- The passholder can pass through any specific city only 4 times
- The passholder must make a free seat reservation before travel. Seating assignments are made by the train conductor. There is also the possibility to upgrade to sleeping car accommodation at extra cost.